How it all began

Marshall’s as a business began in a garden shed, repairing bicycles. From bicycles we moved onto motorcycles and cars and then in the 1920’s we opened our first garage in Reading, repairing both cars and industrial engines. By 1936 we were specialising in component manufacturing, coach-building and servicing industrial plant machinery.

The 1960’s and 70’s saw us acquire an NSU franchise, then Audi and finally Volkswagen. We aquired a second dealership in Reading in the 1980’s. Also at this time we started assisting Volkswagen UK with their Industrial customers, including supplying engines, vehicle components for OEM use, and minibus/camper converter components.

Branching Out

In 1995, we separated the Industrial business from the Car dealerships and were proud to become the first appointed independent Volkswagen Industrial Engine Distributer in the world.

Another 13 years on and we were appointed as the IMPCO gaseous fuel systems Distributor for the UK in 2008.

In 2015 we were appointed as Doosan Engine Range Distributor for the British Isles and Scandinavia.

< Back to home page